This easy, garlicky entree is lovely served with rice or mashed potatoes. With just five ingredients (oil, salt and pepper don’t count!), Chicken Snow Pea Skillet is a perfect stress-free dinner for tonight.
Homework. Meets. Book events. Work. Rehearsals. Classes. Clinics.
This start of this school year was like being shot out of a rocket. In quick succession, we went from lazy summer days to OH-MY-IS-THAT-ON-THE-SCHEDULE?!?
Even so, we managed to cram a little more into this autumn than we have before. Even though Paige has ballet class on Thursdays, she and I were able to scoot from her class to Will’s cross country meets a few times. It was wonderful to see him run — he had an amazing season in which he broke his personal record again and again.
And even though there were nights when we all had to be in different places, we managed to eat dinner together most nights anyway. Quick and easy recipes — including those in my latest cookbook — were a huge help
This recipe — Easy 5-Ingredient Snow Pea Skillet — is excellent for super busy nights. Ready in just 30 minutes, it is a hearty dish filled with snow peas and carrots. The delightful garlicky flavor brings together the veggies and chicken.
I love to serve this Easy 5-Ingredient Chicken Snow Pea Skillet over rice or with mashed potatoes, but it would also be great with a baked potato or a grain like quinoa.
The key to recipes like this is organization. Prepare all of your ingredients before you start cooking. Follow the cooking steps. Then serve.
If you’re someone who needs easy recipes for dinners, bookmark this one! You won’t be disappointed.
Also, I wanted to share a fun snippet from a television appearance I made recently. Late night talk show host Danny Cashman had me on his show to talk about The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook, and I walked him through making one of the recipes. It was so fun and so funny. But most of all, I appreciated how comfortable Danny made me feel during the taping — I think it shows.
Easy 5-Ingredient Chicken Snow Pea Skillet
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast or tenderloins , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 ½ cups snow peas , cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup small diced carrot
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the chicken, flour and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the chicken until opaque on all sides - about 3-4 minutes total.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the snow peas and carrots. Stir well. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring once
- Uncover the skillet and stir. Taste and season, as desired, with additional salt and pepper.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. Her latest cookbook is The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook, published by Rockridge Press, which focuses on quick, easy, from-scratch cooking for busy people. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.