Inspired by the flavors of shrimp scampi, this easy recipe for Lemon Garlic Shrimp One-Pot Pasta with Arugula is a delight. Serve it with crusty bread for sopping up any extra sauce.
This past week, I submitted the manuscript for my fifth book. I get chills just saying that — I can’t wait to hold the finished book in my hands. It is, like three of my previous books, about food. But while it does have a recipe section, this one isn’t really a cookbook. It’s too soon to share more details, but as soon as I can, I will.
Over the last year, I have spent more hours than I can count planning, developing, testing and retesting recipes. It’s been a year of creativity, of achieving goals and of completing some very large projects. And it’s been a year where I have mulled over what this site is all about. Then I realized something: it’s always been about quick and easy recipes from scratch. So, of course it will continue to be.
One-pot pasta recipes go hand in hand with that mission. So I am thrilled to have another recipe to share from one of my recently released cookbooks.
Ready in about 45 minutes, this hearty pasta is good on any night of the week. But it feels special — so why not keep it in mind for date night?
Lemon Garlic Shrimp One-Pot Pasta with Arugula was inspired by the flavors of shrimp scampi — that delicate combination of garlic, lemon and white wine. Add to that the peppery freshness of arugula and it’s a delightful meal, cooked simply in this one-pot pasta technique. This is easy, fresh and satisfying.
I love to serve pastas like this with crusty bread. Sometimes it’s a loaf from my favorite wine and cheese shop. Other times, it’s homemade. Something I whip up myself on the lazy, long afternoons of cold winter days. My Homestead Rustic Bread recipe is a good choice.
This recipe comes from my cookbook One-Pot Pasta, published by Rockridge Press in January 2019. One-Pot Pasta is available where books are sold including indie bookstores. Signed copies are available from The Briar Patch in Bangor, Maine.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp One-Pot Pasta with Arugula
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp , peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz wide egg noodles
- 1 cup arugula
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until pink all over — about 5-7 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan to a bowl.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant — about 1 minute. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, water and pasta, along with 1 tsp salt.
- Cover and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the shrimp and arugula. Cover and let sit for five minutes before serving.
More from One-Pot Pastas
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.