Over the weekend (or was it last night?), I suddenly realized that the Super Bowl is this weekend. As in just a few days away. And we don’t even know where we’ll be watching it yet. Oh my. So, by extension, I also don’t know what I am making yet — no Super Bowl recipe list ready to go or anything. But I can tell you — if we end up watching with a bunch of people, I am bringing this artichoke dip for sure. That way I can enjoy it, and I don’t have to worry about eating the whole thing myself.
Creamy Artichoke Basil Dip is a creamy, dreamy, melty, chip-cuddling, warm delight. The combination of cheese and artichokes is one that never ceases to make my taste buds hop with joy … assuming they could actually hop. Which they can’t exactly. But still, you get my point. Adding sweet, fresh basil to the mix in this creamy, cheesy dip makes it totally craveworthy.
This is the kind of artichoke dip you whip up for the Super Bowl and find the bowl scraped clean way sooner than expected — and then wish you made more. It’s that good.
And guess what? Creamy Artichoke Basil Dip only has four ingredients. And it takes minutes — yes, minutes! — to stir together and get cooking. So easy.
Serving Ideas for Creamy Artichoke Dip with Basil
Serve this with a big ol’ bowl of tortilla chips, perhaps some veggie crudites and watch it go. It’s also good with crackers. If you want, you could set out some little bowls for spooning some into — makes it easier to enjoy while watching the Super Bowl or whatever game you want.
Wherever we end up this weekend for the big game, I can’t wait.
Where are you watching the Super Bowl this weekend?
- 1 12-oz bag frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and chopped
- 1 18-oz can Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Parmesan Basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the artichoke hearts, Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Parmesan Basil, mozzarella and basil. Pour into a large, round oven-safe dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips, bread bits or crudités for dipping.
Garnish with additional fresh basil, if desired.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Progresso/General Mills for creating this recipe with Progresso Recipe Starters. All opinions are my own.