Confession: Whenever there’s avocado on a menu, I gravitate toward it. From sliced to smashed to pureed, I love the flavor avocado lends to dishes and eat it. Often.
It certainly doesn’t hurt that avocado is good for you — it’s has healthy fats and a boat load of nutrients like carotenoids. A cup of avocado has 40% of your daily recommended intake of fiber, according to World’s Healthiest Foods. It also has 35% of your daily recommended intake of Vitamin K and 30% of the daily recommended intake of folate.
But besides that, avocado just tastes good. And that’s why I’ve pulled together more than 40 avocado recipes — soups, salads, sandwiches, baked goods, dressings, smoothies and more — to celebrate this tasty, healthy fruit with the creamy, nutty flavor.
Spring Veggie Salad with Creamy Avocado Ranch | Kitchen Treaty
Garlicky avocado ranch dressing adorns this springy salad of baby greens, sugar snap peas, asparagus, marinated artichoke hearts and radishes. Sounds so delightful — like a fresh, bright ode to spring.
Avocado and Shrimp Cilantro Lime Quinoa Bowl | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
Cilantro lime quinoa — a classic combination with a twist — is topped with crispy shrimp, tomatoes, avocado and other fresh deliciousness in this mouthwatering grain bowl. It’s perfect for lunch on the go — or whenever.
Chocolate Avocado Cake | A Treats Affair
File this one under ‘unexpected.’ Avocado replaces butter in this recipe that produces a dense, rich, brownie-like cake. Nothing wrong with that.
Roasted Stuffed Avocados | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
The Complete Savorist was kind enough to guest post on SCB a few years ago, and shared these tantalizing avocados. They’re filled with a spicy bacon mixture and roasted to perfection. Sounds amazing, right?
Avocado Enchiladas | Kristine’s Kitchen
Stuffed with avocado and cheese and topped with homemade enchiladas sauce, these are little rolled up bits of perfection. I mean, really, if you are an avocado-lover like me, you’ll probably agree that these sound absolutely lovely.
Avocado Egg Salad Everything Bagel Sandwich | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
Salty, oniony, eggy and avocadoy … this sandwich reaches the gamut of flavors, and it’s sheer wonderfulness. Just try it.
Pasta with Creamy Avocado Sauce | Eats Well with Others
Joanne, the author of Eats Well with Others, describes this sauce as “creamy delicious lemony basil-y summer-in-your-mouth avocado sauce.” I’ll just call it craveworthy, and count the hours until I can make it for myself. Mmm. And bonus points: she serves it on bucatini, a pasta shape I am super into right now.
Avocado Creme Brulee | Manu’s Menu
Avocado in desserts has been a thing for awhile now, and people love how this savory, nutty fruit works in sweet applications. So it’s not a huge surprise to see it in a tasty confection like this, right? This creamy creme brulee with the signature crispy top is a mere three ingredients — three! All your excuses not to try it? Totally obliterated.
Chipotle Avocado Spread | Snixy Kitchen
When I am featuring ingredients in a roundup like this, I love to show versatility — and avocados are crazy versatile, so they make this super easy. Spicy, creamy and ready to spread on sandwiches? This Chipotle Avocado Spread sounds like it’d really turn things up a notch in the sandwich department.
Wasabi Cucumber Avocado Dressing and Spiralized Cucumber Salad | Peas and Crayons
Creamy-spicy dressing featuring avocado, and a cool, ribbon-like cucumber salad? This spring-y dish sounds delightful!
Avocado Frittata with Cotija and Mozzarella Cheese | Kalyn’s Kitchen
Have you ever had warm avocado? It’s amazing. So creamy, so satisfying. So when I saw that this frittata has actual avocado baked right into it, I just had to share it. Yum. Yum. Yum.
More Satisfying Avocado Recipes
- Baked Avocado Fries | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Avocado Spinach Egg English Muffin Sandwiches | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Tuna, Avocado and Feta Salad with Lemon | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Seared Tuna with Avocado and Brown Rice Noodles | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Nourishing DIY Avocado Hair Mask | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Fried Egg with Beans, Avocado and Queso Blanco | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Avocado Salad with Zesty Tomato Cilantro Drizzle | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Avocado | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Black Bean Avocado Salad with Corn and Red Peppers | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Avocado, Cilantro and Lime Rice | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Spicy Taco Meatballs with Cheddar Mashed Potatoes and Avocado | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Lobster Salad with Avocado, Feta and Lemon Vinaigrette | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Green Apple, Red Onion, Avocado and Red Pepper Salad | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Whole Grain Toast with Mashed Avocado and An Egg | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato Sandwiches, AKA The BLAT | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Avocado-Basil Rice with Tomatoes | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Chicken, Avocado and Red Pepper Rice Bowl | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Ham, Swiss, Avocado and Spinach Panini | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Asian Vinaigrette | Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Avocado Cream Slaw Fish Tacos | Noshing with the Nolands
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie | Texanerin Baking
- Shrimp and Avocado Puff Pastry Shells | Culinary Ginger
- Asian Salmon Burgers with Avocado and Hoisin Sauce | Two Healthy Kitchens
- Guacamole with Fennel and Green Apple | Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Spicy Avocado Sauce over Chicken and Zoodles | Tasting Page
- Creamy Avocado Vinaigrette | Back to her Roots
- Avocado Mango Salad | All She Cooks
- Cantaloupe and Avocado Soup | Fannetastic Food
- Avocado Lemon Grass Ice Cream | Shockingly Delicious
- Fried Avocado and Black Bean Tostadas | Blackberry Babe
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of four cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to a tween and a teen, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.