The Best Jelly Thumbprint Cookies Recipe Ever
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- jelly, jam or fruit preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Add vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Mix on low as you slowly add the flour spoonful by spoonful
- Using a cookie scoop (about 1 tbsp size), scoop out dough and place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment.
- Dip your thumb into flour, then press into a ball. Repeat until all the cookies have thumbprints in the center. Fill the hole with your choice of jelly, jam or preserve.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and on the bottom.
- Let cool on wire racks.
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes:
Category: Cookies, Dessert